High Point Fire District News

Structure Fire

posted on
At approximately 11 PM on Wednesday April 15, High Point Fire District responded to a report of a house fire on High Point Church Rd. Firefighters arrived to find a single story wood frame house filled with thick dark smoke but no visible flames. The resident was out of the house and informed firefighters that he believed the fire was in the bedroom. Two firefighters, wearing bulky protective clothing and air packs, entered the home and began searching for the fire while dragging a heavy hose line.  A third firefighter stayed at the door to help pull the hose line. Firefighters experienced zero visibility while searching and had to crawl on their hands and knees while keeping one hand on a wall at all times to keep themselves from getting lost or disoriented in the smoke filled home. Once the firefighters reached the bedroom they found a burning mattress which they were able to easily extinguish. Once the fire was found and extinguished firefighters began opening windows and set up a powerful ventilation fan to remove the smoke from the home. The house sustained smoke damage only. The cause of the fire was determined to be discarded smoking materials left too close to the mattress.
Posted in: Structure Fire | Tags: | Comments (0) | View Count: (941)

Post a Comment