At 11:22 PM on Sunday, December 15, 2013 High Point Fire District responded with two engines, a tanker and a ladder truck to a report of a mobile home fire on Boyd Evans Rd. First arriving firefighters found a single wide mobile home with fire blowing out the gable end and bedroom windows, endangering another home. The first arriving engine began attacking the fire with its deck gun while firefighters deployed a hose line to continue the attack from the exterior of the home. As additional engines and personnel arrived on scene, firefighters entered the burning home and finished extinguishing the fire. Once the main body of the fire was out firefighters set up a ventilation fan and began searching for hot spots and hidden pockets of fire using a thermal imaging camera. The home sustained severe fire damage to one of the bedrooms, bathroom, and hallway. The rest of the home sustained significant smoke damage. The cause of the fire is believed to be an electric space heater in the bathroom.