At 8:07 PM, Thursday, January 9th, volunteers from High Point Fire District responded to a report of a structure fire on Guess Rd. near Thompson Creek Rd. Firefighters arrived to find a single story wood frame residence with no smoke or flames visible. The home owner reported that a couch had ignited when a lamp fell between the couch and wall. The owner was able to extinguish the fire with several pitchers of water before firefighters arrived. The couch was removed from the home. The house, which was equipped with multiple operational smoke detectors, sustained very minor smoke and water damage.