SEARCH
 
High Point Fire District News
18

House fire on Blakeney St.

posted on

On Thursday, September 18th at 7:25 pm the Pageland Fire Department was called to a report of a house fire at 208 West Blakeney Street in Pageland. First arriving firefighters found a single story wood frame home with heavy smoke coming from the windows. High Point and Sandhill Fire Departments were called for additional man power. Firefighters initially attacked the fire though a window. As additional personnel arrived, firefighters were able to enter the burning home and finish extinguishing the main body of fire. Once the main body of fire was extinguished firefighters spent several hours searching for and extinguishing hidden pockets of fire in the walls and attic spaces. The initial impression is that the fire started near an electrical panel in the kitchen. Most of the fire damage was contained to the kitchen area while other areas of the home sustained smoke damage. (Photos by Amber Champagne)

Posted in: Structure Fire | Tags: | Comments (0) | View Count: (1776)

Post a Comment

Category
Archive