On Friday February 5th a Sam Carnes Rd. resident outside of Pageland SC was summoned to his door by a neighbor who appeared to be injured. Thinking the man had been assaulted 911 was called. At 5:55 pm the Chesterfield County Sheriff’s Department along with Pageland Rescue and First Health EMS were dispatched to the scene. Several minutes later it became apparent that the man had not been assaulted but was seriously burned and that his house was on fire. High Point Fire District, Pageland Fire Department, and Sandhill Fire Department were dispatched. Pageland Fire Department with two engines was the first to arrive and found a single story home heavily involved with fire. Firefighters deployed hose lines and began battling the fire. Meanwhile Paramedics with First Health EMS arrived and began treating the burn victim. High Point and Sandhill arrived with additional apparatus and began supplying water to the Pageland engines as well as supplementing manpower and equipment to bring the fire under control. A Life Net helicopter arrived, landing in the neighbor’s yard to transport the victim to a burn center. Initial reports indicate that the fire was caused by an accident with a space heater.