High Point Fire District News

Mobile Home Fire

posted on
At 2:52 PM Monday, March 4th, High Point Fire District responded to a report of a structure fire at 1100 Coon Creek Rd. near Pageland SC. First arriving firefighters found a single wide mobile home with smoke showing from all windows and vents but no visible fire. Firefighters also noticed the siding becoming discolored near the kitchen vent. Firefighter Travis Johnson and Asst. Chief Gary Stegall advanced a hose into the burning mobile home and quickly extinguished the fire. Firefighters then searched the smoke filled home making sure no one was trapped inside. Once the smoke was vented from the home firefighters searched for and extinguished several remaining hot spots in the kitchen and declared the fire under control at 3:20. The fire appears to have been caused by an electric fryer that had been accidentally left on. Fire and water damage was limited to the kitchen while the entire home sustained smoke damage.
Posted in: Structure Fire | Tags: | Comments (0) | View Count: (1214)

Post a Comment